Procter & Gamble (NYSE: PG) stock price gained almost 60% from around $92 at 2018 end to $146 currently, primarily due to favorable changes in its revenues and P/S multiple. Additionally, the company witnessed a steady rise in its revenue per share, helped by a drop in the outstanding share count. The stock’s gains have helped PG match the S&P’s returns, which posted a little over 60% over the same period.
In our interactive dashboard, Why Procter & Gamble Stock Moved: PG Stock Has Gained 58% Since 2018, we break down the factors behind this move.
PG’s Total Revenue has risen 20% from $66.8 billion in FY 2018 to $80.5 billion currently
- PG’s total revenue has risen steadily from $66.8 billion in FY ’18 to $80.2 billion in FY ’22 (PG’s fiscal year ends in June), and currently stands slightly higher at $80.5 billion.
- As of FY ’22, PG’s largest segment is Fabric & Home Care, contributing $27.6 billion to total sales, bringing in almost 35% of the company’s revenues.
- Besides this, the health care segment has been the fastest growing segment, with sales rising around 20% between FY ’20 and FY ’22, standing at almost $11 billion as of FY ’22.
- For details about PG revenues and comparison to peers, see Procter & Gamble Revenue Comparison
Revenue per share increased 31% from $25.28 in FY 2018 to $33.09 currently
- PG revenue rose from $66.8 billion in 2018 to $80.5 billion currently, while the outstanding share count dropped from 2.6 billion in 2018 to 2.4 billion currently.
- Due to this, RPS has risen steadily from $25.28 in FY ’18 to $33.09 currently.
Price-To-Sales (P/S) multiple for PG rose strongly from 3.6x in 2018 to 5.3x by 2021 end but has pulled back to 4.4x currently, still more than 1.2x higher than its 2018 level
- PG’s P/S multiple rose strongly to around 5.3x by late 2021, on the back of rising investor expectations surrounding continued demand growth for its products across all markets, leading to a rise in the company’s sales.
- However, due to the increased economic uncertainty weighing on the broader markets, the P/S multiple has pulled back, currently standing at around 4.4x.
- For additional details about the company stock returns and comparison to peers, see Procter & Gamble Stock Return Comparison.
What if you’re looking for a more balanced portfolio instead? Our high-quality portfolio and multi-strategy portfolio have beaten the market consistently since the end of 2016.
Invest with Trefis Market Beating Portfolios
See all Trefis Price Estimates
Five million missed out on GP appointments in one month, says Labour
Tampa Police Chief Mary O'Connor's nomination was controversial from the start
Syntax errors are the doom of us all, including botnet authors
Daredevil Confirms New Cast, But So Far No Karen or Foggy
Poll published in Portuguese newspaper A Bola reveals 70% of readers want Cristiano Ronaldo DROPPED
Balenciaga campaign features book by Belgian Michael Borremans who is known for depicting naked kids
‘Wednesday’: Will Tyler Return if There’s a Season 2?
How to Channel Your Rage Into a Workout So You Actually Feel Better
The 171 Absolute Best Cyber Monday Deals Right Now
69 Best Cyber Monday Fitness Deals 2022: Treadmills, Dumbbells, Yoga Mats, Nike Sneakers
Is ‘OutDaughtered’ Still On? Fans Wonder What’s Happening With the Busby Family’s TLC Show
Amid rising numbers, Boston plans to create 11 COVID wastewater testing sites
‘Empire of Light’ Movie Review: Sam Mendes’ Drama Projects Dim Romance
Pilot killed in Beverly Airport gyrocopter crash identified
‘Yellowstone’ Season 5 Tribute to Timothy Reynolds, Explained
Finance18 hours ago
Bitcoin Price and Ethereum Back above $17,000 and $1,300 – Time to Buy?
Politics11 hours ago
Social Security disability benefit offices reach breaking point with huge claim backlogs
Finance18 hours ago
Qatari Sheikh Hamad Al Thani Wins £4.2 Million Breach Of Contract And Negligence Case Against Art Dealer John Eskenazi
News20 hours ago
Why authorities will NOT stop magma from the world’s largest active volcano from reaching highway
Lifestyle19 hours ago
‘Mystery Road: Origin’ and ‘Elvis’ Dominate AACTA Craft Awards
Lifestyle20 hours ago
CreatorWorld Identifies Video Consumption Shifts and Industry Responses
Sport21 hours ago
Who is ref Clement Turpin and has he officiated at Euros before?
Lifestyle21 hours ago
The White Lotus: Why We're Really Worried About Tanya