Get your daily, bite-sized digest of cryptoasset and blockchain-related news – investigating the stories flying under the radar of today’s crypto news.
- Remittance service Key App introduced a bridge that connects users between the Solana and Ethereum networks within the Key App platform, with gas fees covered for transfers over $50. Per the press release, by utilizing Wormhole’s bridging technology, Key App streamlines the user interface, enabling anyone, regardless of technical expertise, to send tokens between the two networks with minimal steps. Key App users are given an Ethereum address on Key App and can send from Ethereum to Solana without having to connect a third wallet. They can also withdraw funds from Solana to Ethereum and pay the fee in the same token they are sending.
- The European Central Bank (ECB) finalized prototypes for a digital euro, according to an announcement released on Friday, which says that the bank published two reports on its market research and prototyping exercise, both conducted as part of the investigation phase of the digital euro project. “The findings of these reports will feed into both the conclusions of the investigation phase and the potential next steps,” it said. “This exercise shows that it is possible to smoothly integrate the digital euro design choices into the existing payment landscape while leaving ample scope for innovative features and technologies,” the ECB Executive Board member Fabio Panetta said in a letter.
- Russian lawmakers abandoned the idea of creating a national crypto exchange and will instead focus on setting rules and regulations for the establishment and operation of such companies, Izvestia reported, citing Anatoly Aksakov, the head of the State Duma’s Committee on the Financial Markets. Exchanges will be used to conduct cross-border settlements, including bypassing sanctions restrictions, he said, so new restrictions may be introduced against them. At the same time, other exchanges will constantly be able to open, as long as they comply with the rules and are overseen by the Central Bank of the Russian Federation.
- CoinEx announced the official launch of BitHK, a crypto trading platform that caters specifically to users in Hong Kong. As per the Guidelines for Virtual Asset Trading Platform Operators, BitHK will submit its license application as a Virtual Asset Service Provider (VASP) to the Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) on June 1, it said. Users can now engage in spot trading and store crypto assets on the platform, which is currently available in Traditional Chinese and English.
- Crypto founders are optimistic about the Beijing paper promoting Web3, despite it not mentioning cryptocurrency, the South China Morning Post reported. Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao, Huobi adviser Justin Sun, and Animoca Brands co-founder and chairman Yat Siu praised the report, titled “Beijing Internet 3.0: Innovation and Development White Paper,” suggesting the moves in Beijing and Hong Kong signal China’s greater support for Web3, it said.
- US federal prosecutors said on Monday that Sam Bankman-Fried’s lawyers made meritless arguments in a bid to convince a judge to toss out criminal charges alleging that the FTX founder stole from investors in his multibillion-dollar cryptocurrency fund, the Independent reported, citing court filings. This was a response to early May filings in which Bankman-Fried’s lawyers insisted that the US overreached in its case against the FTX founder, making federal crimes out of regulatory issues. “These motions are meritless,” prosecutors wrote. “The charges track the relevant statutes and the defendant’s alleged misconduct falls within the heartland of what these statutes prohibit.”
Source: crypto news
Congress Passes Funding Bill to Avoid US Government Shutdown
9-year-old vanishes after bike ride during family camping trip in New York state park
First Alert Forecast: Warm and sunny, clear skies for Jets-Chiefs on Sunday night
Australia swelters through ‘scorching’ heat lifting bushfire risk
Australia vs Portugal LIVE: Rugby World Cup latest score and updates
Bybit to Stop UK Services as Fin Regulators Clamp Down – Are You Affected?
How to Protect the Teens You Love from Diet Culture BS
Tesla’s Five Big Challenges To Overcome
Six-Wheeled Ford Ranger Hybrid Upgrade Increases Max Payload To 8,377 Pounds
See Alleged Thief Lose Pants Surrendering to Police After Car Chase
William and Kate’s Simple Strategy for Avoiding ‘Reputational Problems’ Courtesy of Harry and Meghan
5 Advanced Alternatives To The 4% Rule
Review and Setlist: SZA dives in on the SOS Tour
Raquel Leviss ‘Wouldn’t Be Surprised’ if Ariana Madix Shared Her Graphic Video With ‘A Lot of People’ Despite Cease and Desist Letter
This Mass. town is among the country’s most expensive, according to new report
News15 hours ago
Threat of government shutdown ends as Congress passes temporary funding plan, sends to Biden
Lifestyle15 hours ago
Is Julianne Moore and Natalie Portman's 'May December' Movie Worth Seeing?
Lifestyle15 hours ago
Nadine Lustre in Mikhail Red’s Philippines Folklore Horror ‘Nokturno,’ Teaser Unveiled (EXCLUSIVE)
News15 hours ago
Canelo vs Charlo LIVE: Fight updates and results tonight
Lifestyle16 hours ago
How a Nonverbal Autistic Teen Turned His Communication Triumphs Into a Collaborative Symphony, ‘Unforgettable Sunrise’
Sport17 hours ago
NASCAR star Nick Sanchez bloodied in fight after close racing leads to wreck at Talladega
Finance15 hours ago
Mainland China Bourses Close For National Day Holidays Until Oct. 9 Amid Tough Year
Tech22 hours ago
The Marvels May Be the MCU’s Shortest Film Ever