What To Expect From Walgreens’ Q2?
Walgreens Boots Alliance (NASDAQ: WBA) is scheduled to report its fiscal Q2 2023 results on Tuesday, March 28. We expect the company to post revenue and earnings slightly below the street expectations, partly due to fewer Covid-19 vaccine administrations vs. the prior year quarter. That said, the company expects strong growth for its international business in Q2. Although we expect the company to post a downbeat Q2, we believe its stock has more room for growth, as discussed below. Our interactive dashboard analysis on Walgreens Earnings Preview has additional details
(1) Revenues expected to be below the consensus estimates
- Trefis estimates Walgreens’ Q2 2023 revenues to be around $33.2 billion, slightly below the $33.4 billion consensus estimate. This compares with the $33.8 billion revenue the company garnered in the prior-year quarter.
- The company should benefit from growth in the international segment, primarily led by a strong Christmas season for Boots in the UK.
- The administration of Covid-19 vaccinations is expected to be lower in Q2, likely resulting in a revenue decline for the quarter.
- Looking at Q1, Walgreens reported a 1.5% y-o-y decline in revenue to $33.4 billion, with its international segment sales falling 10.8% and retail pharmacy sales down 3.0%, while healthcare revenue stood at $989 million, vs. just $51 million in the prior year quarter.
- Our dashboard on Walgreens Revenue offers more details on the company’s revenue and segments.
(2) EPS also likely to be marginally below the consensus estimates
- Walgreens’ Q2 2023 adjusted earnings per share is expected to be $1.09 per Trefis analysis, just a cent below the consensus estimate of $1.10.
- Walgreens’ adjusted net income of $1.0 billion in Q1 2023 reflected a 31% fall from its $1.5 billion figure in the prior-year quarter. This can be attributed to lower revenues and around 220 basis points contraction of the adjusted operating margin.
- For the full-fiscal 2023, we expect the adjusted EPS to be lower at $4.48, compared to the $5.04 in fiscal 2022.
(3) WBA stock has more room for growth
- We estimate Walgreens’ Valuation to be $43 per share, 29% above the current market price of $34.
- At its current level, WBA is trading at 7.6x its expected forward EPS of $4.48. This compares with the last three-year average of 8.7x, implying that the stock has more room for growth.
- That said, if the company reports upbeat Q2 results and provides an outlook better than the street estimates, the P/E multiple will likely be revised upward, resulting in even higher levels for WBA stock.
While WBA stock may see higher levels, the Covid-19 crisis has created many pricing discontinuities, which can offer attractive trading opportunities. For example, you’ll be surprised by how counter-intuitive the stock valuation is for Walmart vs. VMWare.
What if you’re looking for a more balanced portfolio instead? Our high-quality portfolio and multi-strategy portfolio have beaten the market consistently since the end of 2016.
Invest with Trefis Market Beating Portfolios
See all Trefis Price Estimates
Source: Fox Business
Dubai: Viral TikTok ‘smash burger taco’ wows the internet
In Trump indictment, secretary, valet and lawyer all play critical role
Colombia plane crash children rescued after 40 days: What to know
Teenager charged with attempted murder after violent assault at a private school
Officer who raced to Parkland massacre scene testifies against deputy who stayed outside
How Ali Feller Trains for Marathons With Crohn’s Disease
Can Using Benzoyl Peroxide on Your Armpits Prevent Body Odor?
A Beginner’s Guide to Anal Sex Without Penetration
Bruce Willis’s Daughter Shared the Early Dementia Symptom His Family Missed
Watch An AMG GT 63 S Take On A BMW M5, Porsche Panamera In A Drag Race
‘The Challenge’ Season 39: Johnny ‘Bananas’ Devenanzio and Wes Bergmann Allegedly Had ‘0 Interest’ in Competing
Anna Duggar Has ‘Shifted Away’ From IBLP Beliefs, Insider Shares
Bill Would Strip PGA Tour Of Tax-Exempt Status After Saudi Merger Announcement
‘The Curious Case of Natalia Grace’: Where Are Nataila, Kristine, and Michael Barnett Today?
The Reddit App War Is Getting Messy
Sport23 hours ago
Punters have had a rough week with Epsom stalls farce… but they enjoyed themselves when hi-jacking Animal Rising page
Sport24 hours ago
Horse racing tips: Bash the bookies with these 20-1 and 16-1 Saturday selections
News23 hours ago
Katie Price flogs her WEDDING DRESS from her ill-fated marriage to Peter Andre on Instagram
Tech23 hours ago
Ancient Bird Bones May Have Been Fashioned Into Flutes for Catching More Birds
Lifestyle23 hours ago
Irish Animation Is Thriving Thanks to Diverse Storytelling and New Tech
News22 hours ago
Stocks making the biggest moves midday: Sonoma Pharmaceuticals, Braze, Adobe and more
Finance22 hours ago
eToro Remains Committed to Crypto Amid SEC’s High-Profile Lawsuits
Sport23 hours ago
I’m going to batter Lopez for his sick comments, says Taylor before title fight