Brianne Howey: 25 Things You Don’t Know About Me!
She’s a peach! Ginny & Georgia viewers might know everything about Brianne Howey’s fan-favorite character Georgia Miller — but the actress exclusively told Us Weekly 25 things they might not know about her real life.
Howey, 33, has starred on the hit Netflix show since its premiere in February 2021. The comedy-drama chronicles Georgia — a 30-something single mother — and her teenage daughter Ginny’s (Antonia Gentry) journey as they navigate their new world after relocating to a small New England town.
The California native made instant waves with her portrayal of the character, receiving critical acclaim as the southern mom of two — but it took creators Debra J. Fisher and Sarah Lampert a while to find the perfect fit.
“Brianne was the last, literally, the last to be cast,” Fisher told Entertainment Weekly just after the series premiere in February 2021. “We had to find the perfect Georgia, that balanced beauty that’s going to kill you with a smile but will stab you in the chest without seeing it coming. We met actresses from the U.S., Canada and England and on one of our last days, Bri got back from a European vacation and put herself on tape. … Monday morning, we brought her in read her with Toni and we were like, ‘We just found Ginny & Georgia. There they are.’”
While Howey has nothing but love for her role, playing someone as complex as Georgia does come with its difficulties. “The most challenging thing about playing Georgia Miller is how fast she can turn on a dime,” the Dollface alum told Us. “One second she’s your best friend, and the next, she’s threatening you.”
Ginny & Georgia was renewed for a sophomore season just one month after it launched on Netflix. Season 2, which premiered in January 2023, debuted at No. 1 in the U.S. on the streaming service and appeared in the top 10 in 84 countries.
While the Passage alum may be reaching A-list status herself these days, Howey is no stranger to being stopped in her tracks by a celebrity, exclusively telling Us that a certain fellow blonde actress once left her gobsmacked.
“The most starstruck moment I’ve had was with Cate Blanchett,” she gushed. “She saw my jaw drop, she smiled, and I think I uttered something along the lines of, ‘I’m stunned to be in your presence.’”
Howey was also a big fan of Julia Roberts growing up, someone she’s now told she resembles — “It’s one of the greater compliments of my life” — even requesting a VHS of Erin Brockovich for her 12th birthday so she could watch it on repeat.
When it comes to swooning over her favorite actor, the Exorcist alum can also relate. “My celebrity crush growing up was Joshua Jackson, all the way,” she said.
Despite mingling with Hollywood stars on the regular, however, Howey still lives a low-key life. “On a typical Sunday afternoon, I’ll be at the farmers’ market and home, doing laundry and cleaning,” she shared, adding that a Saturday night means “a fun dinner with good people, great food and even better drinks.”
Ginny & Georgia seasons 1 and 2 are now available on Netflix. Scroll down to learn more things you might not know about Howey:
1. My favorite movie is Elf. It’s the only [holiday film] I can watch every year and laugh like it’s the first time.
2. The most challenging thing about playing Georgia Miller is how fast she can turn on a dime. One second she’s your best friend, and the next, she’s threatening you.
3. I’ve been told I resemble Julia Roberts, and it’s one of the greater compliments of my life.
4. The most common thing fans ask me on the street is, “You’re not from the South?
5. My long arms tend to come in handy when people can’t reach behind or under certain things.
6. My first car was a black Honda Civic with tinted windows. I felt very cool.
7. My No. 1 beauty secret is drinking a lot of water.
8. Julia Roberts was the actress I looked up to the most growing up. For my 12th birthday, I asked for Erin Brockovich on VHS and watched it on repeat.
9. Geena Davis is the most famous person in my phone [contacts].
10. My go-to karaoke song is “Wonderwall” by Oasis.
11. My taupe Jenni Kayne Brooklyn lug boots are my favorite wardrobe item. They’re my everyday go-to’s.
12. I’ve taken every single one of Georgia’s lip colors as keepsakes from the set of Ginny & Georgia.
13. My celebrity crush growing up was Joshua Jackson, all the way.
14. The most starstruck moment I’ve had was with Cate Blanchett. She saw my jaw drop, she smiled, and I think I uttered something along the lines of “I’m stunned to be in your presence.”
15. On Saturday nights, you’ll find me at a fun dinner with good people, great food and even better drinks.
16. On a typical Sunday afternoon, I’ll be at the farmers’ market and home, doing laundry and cleaning.
17. My guilty pleasure TV show is Below Deck.
18. My ideal comfort food is chicken tenders.
19. My favorite meal to cook is baked paprika salmon, Japanese sweet potatoes and crispy broccoli with lemon and garlic.
20. One place I’m dying to go to is Vietnam. My stepmom is Vietnamese and we always talk about going!
21. My favorite book is The Dictionary of Lost Words by Pip Williams. It’s a love letter to words, to women and the importance of both.
22. My favorite room in my house is whichever my dog is in.
23. My alternate career would be a professional organizer. Marie Kondo, call me.
24. Shania Twain’s “That Don’t Impress Me Much” brings back the best memories.
25. My dream role or project is anything with Olivia Colman, Sarah Paulson or Sharon Horgan.
Source: US Magazine
Memphis women’s basketball player pleads not guilty in assault case after appearing to punch BGSU player
Man, 40, dies after ‘falling from horse’ while working at a Newmarket stable
Jets’ Woody Johnson ‘anxious’ over potential Aaron Rodgers trade: ‘We’ve got to win’
Giants Co-Owner John Mara Calls Possible Thursday Night Schedule Flexing ‘Abusive’
Nassau County leaders make final push against Gov. Kathy Hochul’s housing plan
Mediterranean Tofu Scramble Recipe | SELF
Remittances’ Shift To Digital: Driving Change In An Industry Split Between Yesterday And Tomorrow
Used Car Prices Down 8.7 Percent From Last Year, According To Study
Volkswagen Assets Frozen In Russia Over Contract Dispute
Chopped Greek Salad with Pistachios and Goat Cheese Recipe
A Manhunt in India Left 27 Million People Without Mobile Internet
Mel Brooks Struggled to Make Money Even After Winning an Oscar for His 1967 Film ‘The Producers’
Continued Market Volatility Benefits Cash-Rich Companies Like These
A new report found that Mass. has the highest GDP per capita in the country. Here’s what that means for you.
‘Waco: American Apocalypse’: How the Waco Tragedy Relates to the Oklahoma City Bombing
Travel12 hours ago
BA ADDS A TOUCH OF SPARKLE TO ITS CLUB WORLD CABIN WITH THE INTRODUCTION OF NEW ENGLISH WINES
Finance11 hours ago
Ethereum Core Developers Announce Date for Long-Awaited Shapella Upgrade – Here’s What You Need to Know
Auto22 hours ago
Chevrolet Corvette Wearing Ferrari Badges Is Having An Identity Crisis
Tech23 hours ago
Scientists Just Learned Something New About How Aspirin Works
Tech12 hours ago
How a Senator’s Misguided Tweet Can Help Us Understand AI
Sport11 hours ago
Florida Atlantic’s Dusty May recalls thinking he ‘just committed career suicide’ taking head coaching job
News12 hours ago
The Chemical Menace Inside Glaciers and Icebergs
Lifestyle11 hours ago
Rihanna Shares Glimpse at Her Delicious Pregnancy Cravings