Connect with us

News

Royals release new statement on Kate Middleton after she has remained out of the public eye for two months following abdominal surgery

Published

on

Kensington Palace has released a new statement on Kate Middleton’s health after being out of the public eye for two months following scheduled abdominal surgery.

A Palace spokesperson reassured well-wishers as speculation continues to grow online following a string of royal health scares.

A royal spokesperson said: ‘Kensington Palace made it clear in January the timelines of the princess’ recovery and we’d only be providing significant updates. That guidance stands.’ 

Officials, however, did add that the Princess of Wales continues to do ‘well’. Kate plans to return to royal engagements after Easter. 

The update comes as royal commentators warned the Royal Family to be more open about why Prince William was absent from his godfather’s memorial, which was attributed to an unspecified ‘personal reason’.

The Princess of Wales was last seen on Christmas Day last year attending church at Sandringham 

William was last seen at the Baftas in London on February 18 after suddenly pulling out of the memorial for his late godfather King Constantine of Greece for an unspecified 'personal reason'

William was last seen at the Baftas in London on February 18 after suddenly pulling out of the memorial for his late godfather King Constantine of Greece for an unspecified ‘personal reason’

Prince Andrew leads members of the Royal Family, including the Tindalls, to St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle yesterday

Prince Andrew leads members of the Royal Family, including the Tindalls, to St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle yesterday

The heir pulled out of the service for the late King Constantine of Greece, who died last January, while his father King Charles was also absent as his cancer treatment continues.

Advertisement

Queen Camilla was instead the most senior member of the Royal Family in attendance, with Prince Andrew also enjoying a prominent role as he led fellow royals into the service at St George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle.

No further details were given on William’s absence and it is unknown if it relates to his wife, the Princess of Wales’s recovery.

The Royal Family were clear that his absence was not connected to the death of Thomas Kingston, the husband of Lady Gabriella Windsor – who died suddenly on Sunday night aged 45.

Royal biographer Phil Dampier told MailOnline that the royals ‘have a right to privacy’ but ‘these are not normal times’ given Charles and Catherine’s recent health issues. 

‘I’m afraid that if no reason for Prince William pulling out at the last minute is given, there will inevitably be speculation, some of it wild and unfair, but that is the nature of social media these days,’ he said.

‘There were lurid reports in a Greek publication the other day about Kate’s health, for which there is no evidence, but these rumours get circulated around the world quickly.

No further details were given on William's absence and it is unknown if it relates to his wife, the Princess of Wales's recovery

No further details were given on William’s absence and it is unknown if it relates to his wife, the Princess of Wales’s recovery

Officials said tonight that the Princess of Wales continues to do 'well'. Kate plans to return to royal engagements after Easter

Officials said tonight that the Princess of Wales continues to do ‘well’. Kate plans to return to royal engagements after Easter

The order of service still has William's title on it (highlighted in red by MailOnline), as it was produced before he pulled out

The order of service still has William’s title on it (highlighted in red by MailOnline), as it was produced before he pulled out

‘The Palace made it clear Kate is recovering well and we saw the King return to London from Windsor, possibly for treatment. 

Advertisement

‘But we still don’t know what urgent personal reason led William to cancel. I think he should be more open if the palace wants to avoid speculation.’

Royal expert Richard Fitzwilliams called courtiers’ silence a ‘gift to conspiracy theorists’.

‘William would have known that his unexplained absence would make world headlines, despite sources assuring the media that it was not related to Catherine’s health,’ he said.

‘The Palace has subsequently been silent so speculation continues.

‘The royal family obviously have a right to privacy, how far that right is exercised is what has always been debated.

‘The absence of clarification when the unexpected occurs is a gift to conspiracy theorists. And clearly, this is a time where the royal family – only four of whose working members are under 70 – is under enormous pressure.’

Daily Mail’s Andrew Pierce and Sarah Vine also implored the Royals to fully explain the Prince of Wales’ abscnece  

Advertisement
The King has been seen at Sandringham going to church each Sunday but public duties have been paused

The King has been seen at Sandringham going to church each Sunday but public duties have been paused

William, pictured on February 20, said he missed the service at St George's Chapel for 'personal reasons' - but no further details were given

William, pictured on February 20, said he missed the service at St George’s Chapel for ‘personal reasons’ – but no further details were given

William was last seen at the Baftas in London on February 18 while his wife Kate has not been seen since Christmas at Sandringham.

The family’s health woes have laid bare the realities of a stripped-down monarchy. Since the start of the year there has been a sudden shortage of frontline royals after Charles and Kate both went into hospital around the same time in January.

It left the Prince of Wales taking on more of the burden of public duties while at the same time supporting Kate and taking care of his three children, George, Charlotte and Louis.

Charles was admitted for surgery for a benign prostate condition last month, but subsequently diagnosed with an unrelated cancer.

The monarch has withdrawn from public-facing duties while he undergoes treatment. Kate underwent abdominal surgery at the same time and is currently recuperating, following a two-week hospital stay.

A Kensington Palace statement at the time read: ‘The Princess of Wales appreciates the interest this statement will generate. 

‘She hopes that the public will understand her desire to maintain as much normality for her children as possible; and her wish that her personal medical information remains private. 

Advertisement

‘Kensington Palace will, therefore, only provide updates on Her Royal Highness’ progress when there is significant new information to share. 

‘The Princess of Wales wishes to apologise to all those concerned for the fact that she has to postpone her upcoming engagements. She looks forward to reinstating as many as possible, as soon as possible.’ 

Source: Daily Mail

Follow us on Google News to get the latest Updates

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending