Connect with us

News

Team rescues turtle poisoned by wildfire with oxygen therapy

Published

on

Wildfires not only threaten the lives of humans but also negatively affect the lives of thousands of animals.

A turtle poisoned by carbon monoxide in a wildfire in Turkey’s southwestern resort town of Marmaris was brought back to life Saturday thanks to oxygen therapy.

A team of nine people, including four veterinarians, special veterinary ambulances and vehicles, provided services to the region, according to a statement by the provincial municipality.

Working in coordination with members of the Disaster and Emergency Management Authority (AFAD), Animal Search and Rescue Association, and the Environmental Protection and Control Department in the burned areas, the team found an unresponsive turtle in the forest.

Advertisement

It was determined that the turtle, which was treated at the Vetbus mobile clinic, was suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.

The resuscitated turtle will be released into its natural environment after it has fully recovered.

Advertisement


A turtle poisoned by carbon monoxide in a wildfire in Turkey's southwestern resort town of Marmaris was brought back to life thanks to oxygen therapy, Muğla, Turkey, June 26, 2022. (IHA Photo)
A turtle poisoned by carbon monoxide in a wildfire in Turkey’s southwestern resort town of Marmaris was brought back to life thanks to oxygen therapy, Muğla, Turkey, June 26, 2022. (IHA Photo)

The agriculture and forestry minister said Saturday that the wildfire is under control after erupting in Marmaris earlier this week.

The Daily Sabah Newsletter

Keep up to date with what’s happening in Turkey,
it’s region and the world.


Advertisement

You can unsubscribe at any time. By signing up you are agreeing to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Source: Daily Sabah

Advertisement

Follow us on Google News to get the latest Updates

Trending